MINUTES OF THE

BCS SIGiST STANDARDS WORKING PARTY MEETING

HELD ON 7th December 2004

 Location: BCS SIGIST as a break out meeting, London.

 

1. Attendance.

Present

Graham Thomas, Isabel Evans, Lawrance Titterton, Julian Harty, Stuart Reid, Margaret Edney.

Apologies

 Richard Neeve

2. Progress and ways of Working.

- Experience shows that pair working does work

- We all have difficulty finding time to review material.

- Need face to face meetings work by e-mail alone is difficult.

- Request to post material to the website earlier, however we should run our internal review process first.

Actions:
All Arrange more face to face pair working meetings
All - Consider reviewing in pairs as well. Suggest that this could be first part of pair working meeting.

3. Ashley Sheppard

We discussed his feedback on the website and his kind offer to assist with writing standards.

Actions:
Julian volunteered to meet Ashley to establish the best way for him to help the working party.

4. Website Feedback

- Performance of the website had been intermittent over the past few months following a move onto a more secure server.

Actions:
Lawrance Work more closely with Systeme Evolutif who kindly provide web hosting services.
All Assist Lawrance in testing out upgrades to the website.

5. Examples for Review

a.      Procedure MIS Actions:
Margaret Contact Erik Van Veenendaal for assistance with procedure testing technique
Margaret Update draft for peer review

b.      Conversion MIS Scientific
Actions:
Stuart Awaiting comments. (Now received)
Isabel/Graham Revise & re-issue for internal review.

c.      Interoperability e-business
Action:
Graham Resurrect and send out for internal review

d.      Compatibility Techniques
Action:
All Internal review.

e.      Conversion Normative
Action:
Isabel and Stuart Isabel to restart work in this area with Stuart.


6. Living Glossary 

- Which version are we working with (??). Maintain both.
- Continue to maintain living glossary

Actions:
Stuart Will review BS7925-1 updates when published to keep living glossary up to date.
All Propose new definitions

7. Future Meetings

- Continue to hold as a breakout session at forthcoming SIGiST meetings.
- Same time, same place etc.

8. AOB

- Not all members of working party are using the forum

Action:
All Continue to work on the forum.

9. Post Meeting Note:

Action:

Graham Propose the adoption of a formal document comment system